When rich, cheesy spinach and artichoke dip is rolled up inside long sheets of pasta and smothered in a creamy Alfredo sauce, you’d hardly expect it to be light. However, these decadent, Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups are just that!
yield: 8 SERVINGS(2 rolls each)
- 16 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemmon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemmon juice
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can drained canned artichoke hearts packed in brine or water, chopped
- 1- 6 oz jar of pesto sauce.(or make your own)
- 2-15 oz jars of alfredo sauce (I recommend Classico 4 cheese alfredo and Classico garlic alfredo)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water to cool and lay noodles out to dry on a wire rack covered in wax paper.
After they cool off, I like to fold them acordian style and place them in a glass dish for later use.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, ricotta, 1 cup of the shredded Mozzarella, the Parmesan, garlic, black pepper, lemmon pepper, lemmon juice,spinach and chopped artichokes, pesto and stir together until well mixed.
When the noodles are dry, spoon a heaping of the mixture onto each lasagna noodle and spread across the surface. Starting with one end, roll the noodle over the filling until it becomes a complete roll. Repeat with all noodles.
4. Spoon 1/2 jar of the alfredo sauce into the prepared baking dish and spread across the bottom. Place the lasagna rolls seam down in the dish and spoon or pour the remaining sauce( 1 1/2 jars) over top. Sprinkle the remaining cup of shredded Mozzarella over the tops of the rolls. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
5. I decided to compliment this great dish with a basic sauteed chicken breast. I marinaded them in Italian dressing and then poured it all into a medium skillet until golden brown and a bit crispy. The a little garlic bread and voila!