I am all about a great upcycle and this one comes from generations ago, and I feel it’s my duty to get you as excited about this as I am.
Create your own “DIY Blender Bar” by using a small mouth mason jar and attaching it right to your blender in place of your typical blender jar. You heard me correctly. Use your own Mason Jar Blender and create SO many fun drink concoctions in your own personal size blender.
- Put your favorite fruits (and veggies) into regular mouth Mason jars.
- Store Mason jars in the freezer for up to two weeks.
- When you’re ready to blend, take the Mason jar out of the freezer and add your favorite type of milk.
- Unscrew the blade from your blender and screw it onto your Mason jar!
- Blend your smoothie on the pulse setting, making sure to hold the Mason jar while blending.
- Remove the blender blade.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our family uses our blender probably five times a week, but we always run into the problem of trying to decide which kinds of smoothies and frozen drink to create. With five children, everyone has their own preference. This has been so much fun because everyone grabs their own mason jar and creates their perfect gourmet drink. The kids love non-alcoholic Strawberry Margaritas and Pina Coladas and now they can have both without the cleanup hassle.
Not only is this perfect for smoothies and drinks, but it can also be used to make whip cream right in the jar, grind up coffee beans or even spices in a pinch.
I can’t wait to create a festive DIY Party Bar for our next large gathering. I have purchased a ton of mason jars lately because they are just fun for everything, especially serving drinks. I’ll have a variety of fruits, slushie flavors, coffees, drink mixes, ice cream and ice, allowing people to get as creative as they desire, and I know this will soon become a fabulous, new party tradition.
Here’ a few recipes to get you inspired:
I can’t wait to see what you come up with. Please comment with your favorite recipes and by all means share & like this post if you please!